Nightly Version History
Manic Digger is an open-source project. It is always being worked on. New version come out periodically depending on the speed of the development by the community members.
Normal releases are considered up-to-date versions that have little to none errors. The normal releases are for the general public. Nightly releases are the newest versions of the game. They are more up to date than the normal releases. On the downside, nightly builds usually have more errors than the releases. Nightly releases are available to the public at http://manicdigger.sourceforge.net/nightly/.
The first nightly.
- Draws disconnection plug picture if not connected.
- Performance updates
- Hand not stopping when frame rate is low bug fix
- Fixed mouse clicking on low FPS
- Basic finite water
- Fixed breaking block at extreme frame rates
- Reverted problem that disabled block texture tiling
- Allowed to play on .NET Framework without Service pack
- Fixed crash: Font ‘Arial’ does not support style ‘Bold’
The second nightly.
- Performance updates
- Players push each other
- Fixed mouse movement on Macintosh
- Updated world generator
- Stop jump before enabling free move
- Fixed random dirt blocks in horizon
- New in-game menu
- Multiple single player save slots
- Allow to delete save slot
- Server creation menu
- Client options in menu
- Connect to IP menu
- Show error when game cannot connect to the server list
- New block placing and removing sounds
- Fixed water flood server crash
- Fixed OpenAL sound on Ubuntu
- Plays one walk sound at a time
- New walk sounds
- Removed game options from main menu
- Finite water now transparent
- Water flows from block above
- Fixed problem with Chunks not being updated after season or day change
- Fixed single-player crash related to creating saves directory
- Server list scrolling in "join multiplayer" menu
- New world generator (3D noise) with much mountains
- Terrain / Chunk generation simplification
- Added /admin login
- Added XML serializing to ServerConfig.xml
- Removed GameModeMine project
- Storing block types data in a text file
- Blocks.csv now configures build, break and clone sounds
- Blocks.csvsapling shape added
- Re-using old world generator
- Added a Login MOTD
- Fixed a stair bug
- Added server commands: /ban, /banip, list
- Fixed crash when breaking a block
- Renamed "drawer" to "renderer"
- Removed unused code and unused rail functions
- Changed terrain textures
- Fixed torch and water in blocks.csv
- Changed button texture
- Fixed server list scrolling
- Disallowed looking through walls with overhead camera
- Added HUD classes
- Option to remember login password
- New login screen
- Changed noclip key from separate key to pressing freemove key twice
- Added account verification
- Removed Start.exe launcher
- Added three ranks: guest/builder/admin, is saved in server config
- Fix for too long player names
- Removed "Start server" menu
- Fixed server list
- Added chrashlog file
- Fixed Linux compability/mono compilation
- More user name characters allowed
- Tweaked world generation code (performance)
- Added background to map loading screen
- Fixed OpenAL sound on Ubuntu
- Disabled drawing of black fog at night with simple shadows enabled
- Added ability to define areas where users can build
- Server now send to clients all files in the /data folder
- Client use now blocks.csv provided by server
- Fixed small bug in defining areas where users can build
- New inventory
- Broken creative mode, cuboid and rail placing
- Fixed singleplayer crash "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:25570"
- changed default texture to Andy's texture (winner of contest)
- /giveall admin command added
- Draw info when mouse-over material selector bar
- Ogg Vorbis audio
- Performance update
- New shadows engine
- Doesn't start game at night
- Sunlight gradually changes
- Fixed invisible player models
- Draws player models dark in the darkness
- Can't see player names through walls
- Start with six torches
- Fixed crash on light level greater than 15
- Customizable movespeed
- Fixed bug where areas would duplicate if they differed from the originals
- Admin name colour added
- Added zoom function using '+' & '-'
- Added limit for movespeed
- Fixed crash on start-up if the game cannot connect to the server list
- Partially fixed rail in inventory
- Fixed crash when connecting to old server version (no inventory)
- Multiplayer connection details are saved
- Removed 'F4' key from key configuration menu
- Load crafting recipes from craftingrecipes.csv
- Added simple block health
- Fixed crash when breaking block
- Added usable usable doors
- Added simple TNT explosion
- Added missing tnt.ogg
- Fixed torch vertex and transparency for sun
- Updated credits
- Added reflected light for seed germination
- Changed swimming sound from steps to empty
- Fixed underground grass
- Use full shadows by default
- New world generator from Mineserver
- Basic gravel and sand physics
- Changed night light level from 0 to 2
- Added ores to new world generator
- Disabled block health until tools are done
- Longer chat lines
- Pass light through doors
- Player health, lava, falling damage, and pain sounds
- Added Grass Trap block
- Monsters test
- Added frustum culling for players and monsters
- Updated Cyclops model
- Generator does not always generate the same terrain
- Added name completion in chat (uses TAB key)
- Changed torch block strength to 1
- added missing files (Form1.resx and app.config)
- Monster Editor works for 64-bit systems
- Added /monster [on/off] command
- Added /addmod [username], /remmod [username] command to manage moderators
- Added /give [username] [block amount] command
- Added .pos client command to show position
- Added /addarea [username] [X1],[Y1],[X2],[Y2] and /areauser [oldusername] [newusername]
- Added Silver Ore to caves
- Added TKGermany texture pack
- Change all block strengths to 1
- Compass added (block ID: 151)
- Fixed not falling when freemove is active and 'v' is pressed
- Fences fit together when they are built
- Minecart texture now downloaded from server
- Seasons update immediately
- Added ladders
- Updated Fire and Doors
- Fluid blocks will not flood if there is no water (?)
- Compass optimizations
- Fixed: Texture problems
- Added icon file
- Use command now mapped to 'E' (was right-click)
- Use command is now used for minecarts (Entering?)
- Fixed TNT used at max height bug
- Made doors transparent
- Random bug fixes
- TNT Improvements
- Lowered chance of flowers dieing to 2%
- Creative mode re-added
- Breaks savegames. To fix savegame use this instruction: http://manicdigger.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=500
- Added simple possibility to kill monsters
- Random bug fixes
- DoorClosed textures changed
- Login Patch
- Terrain doesn't work.
- Fixed map loading bar flicker
- Don't spawn player in water
- Fixed 'F' fog toggle key
- Changed server list website URL
- md:// link support. (Ability to directly start game and connect to a server by clicking on a server on server list website)
- Additional terrain options in server's config file.
- Server logging feature.
- Shadows need to be rewritten (night is disabled).
- Terrain renderer needs to be improved.
- Player groups and privileges.
- Fixed dropped-connection detection.
- Fixed server crashes after 256th client connection.
- Ability to set group- or client-wise spawn positions in ServerClient.xml. Added command /set_spawn to change players/groups spawn positions at runtime.
- Faster fill area (cuboid tool).
- Reverted change that broken disconnection of old-version clients.
- Fixed crash when enabling 3rd person view.
- New player list.
- Ability to exclude guests from a server. Added &allowGuests parameter in heartbeat.
- Spheric TNT craters. Use TNT privilege.
- Area updates: IDs, z coordinate, add area and delete area command.
- Removed "Client not ready to receive ping" console log.
- Source code auto indenting.
- Playerlist updated. Enhanced TextRenderer to enable to display any font family.
- Implemented server console.
- Added server monitor. Added privilege_add and privilege_remove command. Small ServerConsole fix.
- Removed in-game main menu, replaced by Windows Forms menu.
- Remember last server address.
- On singleplayer, use savegame file selected in main menu. Save all modified chunks on singleplayer exit.
- Fixed ground physics. Further few small server fixes.
- Renamed GameModeFortress to ManicDigger and ManicDigger to ManicDiggerLib.
- Added icon.
- Fixed crash when starting single player game. (Wait until server is ready before connecting to it).
- Restart server a) when it's not responding for 15 seconds b) every 6 hours c) with /restart command.
- Changed GameModeFortess.exe shortcut in setup.iss to ManicDigger.exe