General discussions about Main Page
Why do you permanently change the Main Page's design (undo/redo changes Restcoser <-> Woratiklis)?
Please agree upon that.
--Rnd 11:51, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, I agree that's annoying. This is not the first revert-war between me and woratiklis, they have been there since a long time. (Look at the history at Wood, for instance, he reverted there some times an acutal improvement until he gave up.
- I don't know the reason why he reverts, I tried to contact him some time ago over his talkpage, but he just blanked it shortly after, not responding.
- And then I revert, because I think my edit not only cleaned the page up, but also looks better. And as he seems to be un-contactable there is not really any other option (except moderator rights usage, but I think the problem could be solved another way)
- --#restcoser# 08:38, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- Main Page was discussed in IRC together with exe and Falk3n
- I guess I'll join then there.
- What did they say?
- --#restcoser# 09:12, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- I don't have a log as I was on Mibbit, but I recall some of it. Wortaklis asked if I could do the rounded borders like how the Dwarf Fortress wiki had. So I modified the main page and other pages to have the rounded borders. Me and him discussed about changing the colours on the main page so he did change them. Exe said he liked it as it was a good change. This all happened on the IRC of course.
- The problem with "making things look pretty" is that we all don't agree on everything. Such as what happened here. The best thing to do is discuss it with everyone. So Wortaklis, if you want something visual changed to your liking discuss it first. Everyone else should do the same and not complain about Wortaklis.
- --~Falk3n 17:01, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- So, then I'll make the start I guess; I noticed that editing the main page is getting progressivly harder because it gets more and more complicated. Much parameteres of tables are useless, some things have been organized wrong; like the tables in a table are not neccessary. Also I dislike that there are three different colors for the tables (red;blue;gray), I think that the main page needs fresh colors but the red and grey don't harmonize that well in my opinion. That are the main things that I changed (and that got reverted).
- As a sidenote, I don't have anything against Woratikilis, rather with his way of editing, that means discussing not enough and reverting without a reason specified.
- --#restcoser# 19:14, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- Update: I used Agave to find color schemes based on the red color of the first table.
- What I got:
1 2 3 4 5
- I personally like #2; but what do you think? Are they all crap or do you like one or two?
- --#restcoser# 19:40, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- They all use that pinky-red though... I don't really like that red but if I had to choose, I would pick: 2 or 3.
- --~Falk3n 19:45, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I chose that pinky red as it is the color of the table on the main page. The color seems to be the biggest change, so i thought it would be important.I don't like that color much either, but I thought that had been decided to be a color of the main page.
- --#restcoser# 21:30, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- How about you make up some possible colour schemes and we (the main wiki editors) will choose the best one. I'm thinking maybe a 3-4 colour scheme and then we can iron out the details on a test page (which colour should be important tables be? Non-important tables? Etc.) We would make a template (not an actual wiki "Template:" just one to look off and use) out of the test page. Also We can select shades of colours for borders and everything else later. I think just some main colours should be fine.
- --~Falk3n 13:46, 19 April 2012 (UTC)