It’s the new overhead camera. Killing monsters will be much better with it. It’s activated by pressing F5 key second time. Camera distance is changed by using mouse wheel with LCtrl pressed.
- Draw progress bar and server name and motd when connecting to a multiplayer server.
- Better compression of map state – group changed blocks into chunks and compress raw chunks. (Before: 1165 KB, Now: 211 KB).
- Generate maps in fortress mode based on random seed, not just always the same.
- Switch to fullscreen using F11 key.
- Fewer crashes. Game should now run on Windows 7 without administrator account. Highest fog setting no longer crashes. Fixed random multiplayer crashes.
I tried to add shadows, but the main problem is that they slow down chunk loading to 20%-50% of current speed. I think only slowdown to around 75% is acceptable. Shadows also cause lag on multiplayer, when many players build at the same time. So, shadows implementation is around 20% complete and is disabled.