Archive for June, 2010
Mining is now possible.
- Finite inventory – Have maximum of 100 blocks in inventory. All blocks placed must be picked first. Blocks can’t be created or destroyed – just moved or crafted. This means big piles of stone near mines. To unload blocks from inventory into a pile, press U.
- Crafting table – Player starts with just 6 crafting table blocks (looks blue for now). There are recipes for all materials. It’s not needed to remember recipes, or use special crafting window – just place blocks on top of crafting table and press C key when pointing at the table. A list of things possible to make with supplied ingredients will show up on screen.
I connected to a popular Minecraft server (Altair Clouds) using Mine mode client and first thing i noticed was screen full of &1c&2o&3l&4o&5r &6c&7o&8d&9e&as. So a quick fix and now it feels much better.
Most important changes:
- New rail textures by Fragmer. He assembled them from pieces manually, using image editor with layers.
- Block player model similar to Minecraft’s. A small difference is that it is more serious. Rigid human like animation is made by using triangle wave function instead of sine wave function for arms and legs angle. Also the model uses serious miner skin (PyroPyro made) by default. TPP camera (F5 key) was added too – that was very easy. Md2 models are currently disabled, because there are no free models in the Internet.
- Fixes like: player position interpolation, the infinite world crash when distance between players is too big, and the text bug (non power-of-two textures don’t work on ATI graphics cards!).
This week I want to make:
- Custom per-account player model skins (almost done, just need file uploads on server list).
- Minecart model drawing
- Something simple for crafting and underground mining.
- Better versioning, and add autoupdater because people complain that there is a new version of setup.exe with something new every day, and they don’t know when to update.