- Four weapons: pistol, submachine gun, shotgun, sniper rifle. They differ in accuracy, delay, damage, number of bullets, etc.
- Three classes: soldier, medic (gives medical kit), support (gives ammo).
- Mode command. It allows to switch between collaborative map creation and play, without leaving the game server.
- Ammo reloading (R key. Respawn is now O key.)
- Iron sights (right click)
- Countdown to respawn. Players are respawned every 30 seconds. Dead player model.
- 3d sound
- Network is done now with UDP instead of TCP to reduce lag.
- Inventory scrolling.
The idea for war mod comes from Ace of Spades game.
To host your own War mode server currently you must change Mods/current.txt file from “Fortress” to “War”.
List of planned next updates is at Wiki todo page .
Now I’ll be adding bigger inventory, ability to have more than 256 block types, simple tools, and modding functions for monsters.
Last nightly version (see “Development news” above) now became stable version.
- New world generator with mountains, plains, caves and cliffs.
- Server fixes, including building permissions (to keep out vandals). Account verification.
- Doors, tnt
- Night is enabled by default.
- Easier to use server list – can start game directly from play page
- Dozens of little fixes.