Manic Digger

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: liquidhot's Texture Transformer 2.1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:40 am 

Download Texture Transformer 2.1

Version 2.1
- Fixed images being slightly off center.
Version 2.0
- Will now split textures into multiple images like Manic Digger requires.
Version 1.1
- Added the ability to add XML configuration files for the "transform operation". Just copy the original with a new name and change it to do the conversion you need.

This program will help in converting terrain textures between games. For instance if you load up a Minecraft terrain.png, it will transform it to Manic Digger blocks. Alternatively you can load an old Manic Digger terrain.png and it will convert it to the new format. Please note that currently Manic digger only supports a tile width of 32px, to that end, I've added a Force Size option which will automatically resize your textures. Hopefully Manic Digger will support HD textures in the future and some of the Minecraft HD textures can be utilized at their full resolution.

There is a default texture for the conversion in the zip file. If you don't want the program to use this texture, just rename or delete it. (Also, you can add in a different default Manic Digger texture.)

Things this will not do:
  • It will not color grass or leaves according to a gradient spectrum, like when converting from Minecraft to Manic Digger, so you will have to manually color these.
  • It will not create all 64 rails required in Manic Digger based on the Minecraft rails. (It will however, work for old manic digger textures.)

This source code is released as Public Domain. (Though the included library retains it's license as noted.)
Download the Source Code

Old Version
Texture Transformer Version 1.1 | Source

Last edited by liquidhot on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:37 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: liquidhot's Texture Transformer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:52 am 

+1 internets for this!! :lol:

Although I'm sure all those 'fanboys' that have made textures for MC will moan about MD being able to easily and freely use their precious textures (which... if they have already uploaded they have given non express consent to be used as creative commons textures)

I'm going to make a big feature on the blog about this one!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:03 am 

Maniacal.Digerer wrote:
+1 internets for this!!

Glad you like it. My hope is that it is useful if we decide to redo the whole sheet for Manic Digger with new blocks or re-arrange them that it will make it much easier to convert everyone's textures. I'll make a conversion operation that converts from the old version to the new version if we do that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:29 am 

This looks awesome! One question/thought for this. If it can change the layout, it identifies which textures are where, correct? Could something be made that lets people pick and choose textures from multiple files to create themselves a new merged texture pack?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:03 am 

AnonTheMouse wrote:
This looks awesome! One question/thought for this. If it can change the layout, it identifies which textures are where, correct? Could something be made that lets people pick and choose textures from multiple files to create themselves a new merged texture pack?

It doesn't identify what the textures are. They are just moved based on their position to the file. So, unfortunately, it doesn't quite do what you're asking it to do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:27 pm 

Hallo MD fans/player!
I have 2 teture packs with liquidhot's Texture Transformer tested and I miss approx.1 to 3 things or a thing (I can not see it,because the texture packs are not running ->MD.)

I miss :
1. a Torch
2. and than I can miss more, but I don't know! It can be only the torch

It is a good idea, but it's the first version. :lol:

Attachments:
File comment: transformer used
=MD texture

mc texturepack 2 old md texzure 2.png
mc texturepack 2 old md texzure 2.png [ 8.02 KiB | Viewed 5940 times ]
File comment: it's originial
MineCraft texture

MC umform 2.png
MC umform 2.png [ 16.54 KiB | Viewed 5940 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:35 pm 

janik11970 [GER] wrote:
I have 2 teture packs with liquidhot's Texture Transformer tested and I miss approx.1 to 3 things or a thing (I can not see it,because the texture packs are not running ->MD.)

I miss :
1. a Torch
2. and than I can miss more, but I don't know! It can be only the torch

Try extracting all the files in the zip. If you don't have a default texture, then none of the ones Minecraft is missing will be copied over. You can also use any full manic digger texture as your default by overriding the one in the zip file.

(Also, even though Minecraft has a torch, it's texture isn't really compatible with Manic Digger as far as I know.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:47 am 

liquidhot wrote:
AnonTheMouse wrote:

It doesn't identify what the textures are. They are just moved based on their position to the file. So, unfortunately, it doesn't quite do what you're asking it to do.

Well, you seem to have misunderstood my question, and I actually find your answer encouraging. You see, I was not wondering if this program could merge textures. However, it does do what I was hoping it did. What I'm thinking is that the underlying mechanic of re-mapping textures could be adapted to make a program that compiles a texture pack out of multiple source files.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:20 am 

This is a very nice tool liquid, what was this made in C#? I'm guessing?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:28 am 

monaiz wrote:
This is a very nice tool liquid, what was this made in C#? I'm guessing?

Yes. I will release the source soon.