Manic Digger
http://manicdigger.sourceforge.net/forum/

"A few problems I found"
http://manicdigger.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4494
Page 1 of 1

Author:  timmyjo013 [ Tue May 19, 2015 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  "A few problems I found"

Now I have noticed that there are two problems with this game....

1. There is a monster file but monsters don't work.

2. There are sound files but those don't work either.


Now if anyone can explain this to me that would be very helpful. ;)

Attachments:
file2.PNG
file2.PNG [ 6.95 KiB | Viewed 1345 times ]
file1.PNG
file1.PNG [ 10.26 KiB | Viewed 1345 times ]

Author:  croxxx [ Wed May 20, 2015 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "A few problems I found"

Hello timmyjo013,

monsters never really worked and are currently unstable at best.

Sounds should work, though.
What system are you running on?


Regards,
croxxx

Author:  timmyjo013 [ Fri May 22, 2015 4:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "A few problems I found"

croxxx wrote:
Hello timmyjo013,

monsters never really worked and are currently unstable at best.

Sounds should work, though.
What system are you running on?


Regards,
croxxx



Well Croxxx, I am running on Windows 8, I downloaded a codec for my audio but that didn't work. "Which I kind of expected."
I have asked a few others about these problems and they said.
"I don't think monsters were mean't to work."
and the same thing for sound.
I've seen videos with the sound so I know they should work.
Any ideas of why they aren't working?

Author:  croxxx [ Fri May 22, 2015 5:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "A few problems I found"

Hi timmyjo013,

sounds definitely should work.
Working on all machines I tested them on.
Do you have audio issues in general?

Monsters are, as I already said, nothing more than a prototype.
I don't even know if they still instantly crash the game.
For proper mobs a lot of work has to be done, which will prbably not happen anytime soon as I'm busy with other things.


Regards,
croxxx

Author:  timmyjo013 [ Fri May 22, 2015 11:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "A few problems I found"

croxxx wrote:
Hi timmyjo013,

sounds definitely should work.
Working on all machines I tested them on.
Do you have audio issues in general?

Monsters are, as I already said, nothing more than a prototype.
I don't even know if they still instantly crash the game.
For proper mobs a lot of work has to be done, which will prbably not happen anytime soon as I'm busy with other things.


Regards,
croxxx





Well no I don't have audio issues, My computer tower is from 2006-2007 I don't know if that's the problem or what.

Author:  Mr. Rar [ Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "A few problems I found"

Audio did not work for me, for a while, but when I got the October release of Manic it started working.
The thing that is not working for me is the icon. I noticed that there is an .ico in the files some where.
But apparently it is not woking.
The computer I run Manic on has win7.

Author:  croxxx [ Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "A few problems I found"

Mr. Rar wrote:
Audio did not work for me, for a while, but when I got the October release of Manic it started working.
This is an issue I never encountered myself. Could you tell me what else might have changed that made it work on your side?

Mr. Rar wrote:
The thing that is not working for me is the icon. I noticed that there is an .ico in the files some where.
This one has been bugging us for quite some time. Actually, it's our bug #1 (https://github.com/manicdigger/manicdigger/issues/1)
It seems to be an issue with the build process running on a Linux box and xbuild (the program used to compile the application) does not include the icon file. As a "workaround" I thought about simply linking the icon file directly for the shortcuts (instead of the application icon as of now)...


Regards,
croxxx

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/