Manic Digger

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:02 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Some patches
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:08 am 

please read :!:
old value = 25% (i never touched this, try releases before my patches if you dont believe me)
new value = 2% (cause your plants died to fast)
why should i reset it again?
wait for next release!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:07 am 

Last Changes:
- Creative Mode bug fixed (you can not grab anything now).
- Changed look of mouse hovered items in inventar.
- Added message sound of anthony that appears when personal messages are arriving.
- Build in a first and very simple possibility to kill monsters. You will hit near monsters if you dont have an item in your hand. This will cause damage between 2 and 6 of 20 points.

Also a new and unfinished server code is included. Thats why some other problems could occour. Sand will not fall atm. Also some shadows might be wrong. Dont worry about that. It will also be patched in future.

Please take note that your client will crash if you use freehand clicks when you play on old servers. Make sure to have a block in your hand when you're creating or destorying blocks in this case.

Much fun!

I wont have much time to do something on MD next days and I hope some others support exe meanwhile :)
Things that I could use of you all could be new textures for all the new blocks since 4 seasons terrain.png. It would also be nice if you could do some textures for the monsters (Just open MonsterEditor.exe load Model and Texture from /data/public/monsters and try yourself). I'm also open for well designed sounds. Even new message sound could be something else that might sounds more like a message sound for MD than for Outlook (Audacity = Freeware Audiotool where you can mix tracks and channels and export them as ogg, could help).

C u all!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 pm 

This version seems to be slow when connecting, it flashes on the loading screen with green, yellow, red while "generating" the world and slowly moves from 1KB to 200+KB. It has been about half an hour since I connected to my server and it is still "generating" the world. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:14 am 

If your server is on remote computer, your connection is just too slow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:36 pm 

It doesn't seem to be doing it anymore, but it was on the local computer when I tried it ( I started the server then started Manic Digger and the connected to the IP 127.0.0.1 and it flashed back and forth ). Usually I can run the server and have about 5 people connected and it takes about maybe a minute or two at maximum before they can start moving and building; but since I updated the server to the 11/7 it did that the first two times I connected. And I also got a new internal IP so I'll have to port forward again. *sigh*

Nice updates though. Interesting that I can walk through the fences. I think having the compass point towards the spawning point is much more effective than having a general North direction.