So, I have a few things to say
1. Minecraft is still coming along very well
2. I can't say much about Manic Digger, because I just learned of it
3. Manic Digger needs much better marketing/advertising because I had never known about it
4. Notch is a shotty programmer and I cant believe how he manages to do this
5. Manic Digger is open source and from What I have read there are many good programmers, but if this is the case, why can't they at least make doors? I mean I would have played it if it had doors.
6. On this one I can't necessarily say for Manic Digger, but Minecraft can be played over and over in different ways, and I am sure Manic Digger can too.
7. Notch has included mods in the programming such as the smooth lighting (this may be the only one)
8. *As a reply to the 8x person earlier* how much more do you need than the size of the Earth. That is 800 hours in human time walking in Minecraft. And that isn't when the game crashes. I think it is about four times that (uncertain)
9. As a programmer, I have read the Minecraft code, and it is a game just as Manic Digger.
10. Manic Digger (in my opinion) is not going to never going to become more popular than Minecraft just because of its slow advancement (although that could change)
1. Yeah, but it is slow.
2. Thanks for not being Minecraft fanboy.
3. Working on it, maybe I'll put some youtube advert of it.
4. Now he has team, so all MC code may not be necessarily his.
5. Nightly builds
up from 2011-06-01 have doors, 06-25 has new world generator similar to Minecraft's and in newest release there are monsters too!
6. Of course it can.
7. For MD you can always make patches hoping exe would include them (in 99,999% of cases he does) or if he reject them you can always fork ManicDigger.
8. I talked with exe about bigger map, but it turned out that it'll consume more memory and make things slower very much (especially with new worldgen). And main advantage MD has over MC is that it's faster (thought with new worldgen it is questionable).
9. How did you do it since MC is closed-source?
10. Slow advancement? Nightly builds
are released at least one time in month.
1. MineCraft is coming along AMAZINGLY well
2.ManicDigger is boring, crap, copied, shit, bad animated, bad textures, copied char
3.Manic digger should not advertise it should be removed from existence
4.If he is a 'shotty' programmer why don't you do what he has done? Oh Mine digger of course ahahah it's shit in comparison
5.fuck the open source
6.Manic digger cannot be played in many ways.... MineCraft can
7.you have no advanced options
8.Minecraft runs fine if you don't have a shitty ass cheap computer with 1Gb Ram
9.As a programmer, I have read the Minecraft code, and it is alot better than manic digger.
10.in my opinion manic digger won't become popular at all
11. THIS IS TRUE* my pc runs faster on minecraft than it does manic digger and it's got less stuff and is worse LOL.
You going down, man. And if it'll turn out that you're from AnonOps, they're going down as well. And for your reply...
1. Maybe, but new release every half year (official release, not mods) or every YEAR in worst case? Paying for testing beta? Notch should pay YOU for testing, not the opposite. Oh, by the way - nightly builds
are released every month and sometimes (=very often) several times/month.
2. Where exactly? Y'know - t can be easily fixed.
3. It will be, you'll see...
4. It is already 95% done. Last 5% will be done by October. Then exe will start making fun stuff.
5. Oh, it nice to know that you use Windows and not Linux which is reliable, stable, safe and open-source
. You'll make great test subject for new virus I made, specially for you - click here
6. MD can be played in more ways that minecraft. And it cost less. (Software is like sex - it is better if you don't have to pay for it
- Linus Torvalds)
7. Because there is no need for that - everything is free, including custom skins, monster support, etc. And those advanced options of your probably =paid options.
8. I have 4gb RAM, Intel Core2Quad Q9450 (thinking about upgrading to i7, but I have to raise some money first), GeForce 9600GT, 720GB HDD and STILL Manic Digger is faster than MC. And after last improvements in the worldgen is as fast as before.
9. HOW THE F... YOU DID, IF MINECRAFT IS CLOSED-SOURCED? Just asking.
10. Yes, in YOUR opinion. And probably only in your and some other 5 years old girls like you.
11. *after I close all other programs such as Photoshop, Blender, MS Office and other stuff like that.
Manic Digger run fast as hell even if you have used 90% of RAM.
Sorry, but I got angry when finishing post (but tried to remain calm - if I'd wrote what came into my mind first...)