Manic Digger

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How do I create a Public server?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:51 am 

hi.

I recently created a manic digger server. But after I created it, it has a yellow triangle sign with a ! inside. I don't know why that is. My server only works when I'm running ManicDiggerServer.exe and You have to connect to ip to get to it. Its quite aggravating. Could somebody tell me how to make it online at all times even without me being online physically? Also could someone tell me how to get rid of that yellow triangle sign? any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

:geek:

P.S. My Servers name is KooKooKachoo and the MOTD doesn't show.
I'd also like to know how to create multiple servers for both multiplayer and single player modes.

Post subject: Re: How do I create a Public server?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:48 pm 

Hello Rogerdodger1227 and welcome to the forum!

The yellow triangle in the serverlist means that the server does not respond to requests.
Main reason for this occuring is that the port Manic Digger uses (25565) is not forwarded to your machine.
I will not give you instructions on how to do this here as it varies vastly between router models and there are already plenty of tutorials available.
This seems like a place you could check out.

For the server being online permanently you will need a computer that is running the server permanently.
This can either be a PC at your home or a hosted variant. Note that if you are hosting from home you will need really fast internet or other players will probably experience lags.

If you want to create multiple multiplayer servers you will need to copy the game folder as many times as you want servers. In addition every server needs to run on a different port, which can be set in ServerConfig.txt

I hope I could help you.

Regards,
croxxx

For mod updates (and other ocassional ramblings) follow me on Twitter: @THEcroxxx
Sometimes streaming stuff on Twitch
Homepage: croxxx.tk